Sultan kebab is a dish with vegetables, red meat or poultry, topped with béchamel sauce and cheddar cheese and roasted in the oven like a pomegranate. It is not only a dish that is popular on special occasions, but also a simple recipe that can be a realistic and beautiful recipe on the days when you say: What should I cook for dinner? Although it is made with chook, the unique of this recipe is made with red meat.
Would you like to prepare the delicious taste in combination with the delicious vegetables and sauce chicken in batter for your special guests? You can top the Sultan Kebab, which is very easy to make but very extravagant, with your favorite vegetables.
The sultan kebab with chicken is a simple and delicious dish worthy of the weight and splendor of evening parties, impressing the palate of those who eat it. You can prepare the sultan kebab, which is served in the oven after enriching it with bechamel sauce, with both red meat and chicken. If you want to prepare this recipe with red meat, eggplant cubes go very well with this dish. If you want to prepare a filling mortar, you can add diced potatoes to make the dish even more filling.
What Is Sultan Kebab?
Sultan kebab is a very tasty dish that can be prepared with chicken or meat. If you want to prepare Sultan Kebab, one of the favorite recipes of both pate and meat lovers, you can capture this taste in no time. This kebab is prepared with only cubes of lamb. Those prepared with chicken and minced meat are not true sultan kebabs.
How To Make Sultan Kebab?
We put the meat in a pressure cooker and fry it with oil. Add chopped onions and carrots and continue frying. After frying, add the peas and tomato paste. We add spices. Add 1.5 cups of water and close the lid of the pressure cooker. In about 15 minutes, the meat will be cooked in the pressure cooker until tender. Adjust the time according to your own whistle.
Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. We take a piece that we cut off and put it in the bowl. Instead of the bottom part of the bowl, you can also tear off the edge and put one or two pieces in it. Take the cooked meat mixture through a sieve and put it in the phyllo dough. If you don’t take it with a sieve, it won’t work if you put it in water.
Cover the bowl and place it upside down on the greased baking sheet. In a saucepan, melt the butter, add flour and toast. When it foams, add milk, stir and cook until it thickens. Add a pinch of salt. Pour the bechamel sauce over the inverted skewers and sprinkle with grated cheddar. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until golden brown. Enjoy your meal.
How Many Calories
100 grams of Sultan Kebab contain 153.4 calories. This meal is rich in protein, fat and cholesterol. Based on a 2000 calorie diet, one serving provides 363.5% of the daily protein requirement, 193.9% of the daily fat requirement and 187.8% of the daily cholesterol requirement. People allergic to cow’s milk and wheat should not consume this dish.
Are you looking for more kebab dishes? Then check out my other recipes below.
Let’s prepare our ingredients for this sultan kebab recipe and go to our kitchen where we are happiest and cook our delicious meal as soon as possible.
Sultan Kebab How To Make Delicious In 40 MinutesCourse: MainCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Medium
Ottoman food sultan kebab recipe.
1 piece of phyllo dough
300 gr. Cubed meat
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon of peas
1 teaspoon of salt, black pepper, red flakes pepper and thyme
- FOR BECHAMEL SAUCE
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of white flour
1 glass of water Milk
2 tablespoons of oil
2 cups of cheddar cheese
- We put the beef in a strain cooker and fry it with oil. Upload chopped onions and carrots and keep frying. After frying well, add the peas and tomato paste into it. We add spices. Upload 1.5 cups of water and close the lid of the stress cooker.
- In about 15 mins, the beef may be cooked softly inside the stress cooker. Set the time setting of your own whistle.
- Divide the dough into 4 same components. We take a chunk that we reduce and area it in the bowl. In place of the bottom part of the bowl, you could tear it from the rims and put a piece or two. Take the cooked meat mixture with a strainer and place it in the phyllo dough. In case you do not take it with a strainer, it’ll now not paintings if you positioned it with water.
- Cowl and place the bowl the other way up on the greased tray.
- We pour our bechamel sauce on the kebabs we turned over and positioned grated cheddar on the top.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven until golden brown
- FOR BECHAMEL SAUCE
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, upload flour and fry. When it foams, upload milk and blend it and cook dinner it till it thickens. Add in a pinch of salt.
- If your peas are fresh, you could throw them directly into the beef. If you take them out of the freezer, maintain the peas in hot water in order that the smell goes away.
How To Make Sultan Kebab With Chickens?
In the Ottoman palaces, at a certain time of Ramadan, cauldrons were cooked and distributed to the entire population. Everyone, from the rich to the poor, ate the same meals and felt the same emotions.The sultan kebab, which comes from the Ottoman palace kitchens, has the sultan’s name on your tables.
A Taste From The Ottomans To The Present Day.
In the Ottoman palaces, cauldrons were cooked at some point of Ramadan and dispensed to the whole population. Everyone from the rich to the poor would eat the same meals and proportion the same emotions.Let’s consider that sultan kebab, which has come from the Ottoman palace kitchens, carries the name of being the sultan of your tables.
What To Consider When Making Bechamel Sauce?
You can also prepare at home the bechamel sauce, which can be found on the menus of luxury restaurants, which gives even everyday dishes a unique look and also tastes delicious. There are just a few tips that you need to follow, and once you analyze them, no one can stop you.
- One of the most important points in the bechamel sauce for sultan kebab, whose main ingredients are milk and flour, is, of course, that the flour is cooked properly. When preparing bechamel sauce, which is made by adding flour to melted butter, care must be taken not to leave the pan and to stir the flour constantly so that it does not clump.
- To obtain an excellent bechamel sauce for sultan skewers, it is necessary to pay attention to the correct roasting time. The right roasting time should be until the smell of flour comes out.
- You have to be careful to add the milk, which is one of the most important ingredients of the bechamel sauce, not sort by sort, but little by little.
- The bechamel sauce can also be prepared with cold milk; however, it is more correct to use a warmed milk.
- You can find out whether the bechamel sauce you have prepared is good or not. To do this, dip a spoon into the sauce. After you get rid of the spoon, scrape the finished sauce off the back of the spoon with your finger. If any part of your finger remains smooth, you have prepared a bechamel sauce that is well cooked and has a remarkable consistency. Congratulations and good luck.
Alternative Meal Thoughts About Sultan Kebab
On special occasions or when you have special visitors, this recipe is a perfect invitation. On special occasions or when you have special visitors, this recipe is a perfect invitation. I think rice pilaf or mashed potatoes go great with it.
Different options are lentil soup, tzatziki or a combined salad other options are lentil soup, tzatziki or a combined salad as an appetizer, you could not forget one or more of them.
If you have any other questions about the sultan kebab recipe, don’t hesitate to stop by, I’m always willing to help! Also, don’t forget to follow me on my Instagram page. In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great day!