The history of the slow cooker French onion soup , which is one of the classic soups and whose origin is entirely in France, goes back to historical times.Slow cooker French onion soup , prepared in bowls in historical times, was considered a classic soup in France in the 18th century. Over the years, it has won a place in exclusive cultures as the most famous and important soup of French delicacies.
Here are some recipes that may be of interest to you, for your consideration:
After a short Advent, we can try the recipe for our slow cooker French onion soup. Do not forget to pay attention to yourself.
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup How To MakeCourse: SoupsCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Homemade france onion soup recipe.
6 medium size onion
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 liter broth
1 dessert spoon thyme
1 dessert spoon salt
1 dessert spoon black pepper
- FOR THE ABOVE
4 slices of baguette bread
2 teaspoons grated cheddar
1 pinch chopped parsley
- Peel the skin from the onions and chop the piyaz. Melt the butter and patiently roast the onions until they turn dark, that is, caramelize.
- Add the thyme and broth. Cover the pot and cook on low for 25 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Toast the breads on the oven broiler, face back. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and leave in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Place the soups in bowls. Place the breads on top and sprinkle with the chopped cheese.
What Should We Pay Attention To When Preparing Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Patience is the most important factor we should keep in mind when preparing slow cooker French onion soup in the slow stove. Yes, you heard it right: patience. Because getting caramelized onions is a matter of perseverance. Therefore, we need to combine the onions with perseverance for about half an hour to get caramelized onions.
About Caramelized Onion
The most important detail in a recipe for slow cooker French onion soup in the slow stove is, of course, to caramelize the onions well. Now I’ll explain in lists how to caramelize the onions better. Now I’ll explain in lists how to caramelize the onions better for slow cooker French onion soup.
- Contrary to popular belief, the onion is not bitter, but a root vegetable with a very high sugar content. The sugar in the onion is made even more evident by the way it is cooked. This makes the onions extra sugary and barely caramelized.
- Caramelized onions are not burnt onions. As a cooking method, it is very important to roast them for a long time on a heavy fire.
- To prepare caramelized onions, slice the onions into thin, crescent-shaped slices. Then place them on your blanket. If you use a non-flammable pan with a thick bottom and non-stick coating, you will get a tasty caramelized onion. If it is possible, you can use cast iron pans or pots.
- Then fry the onions over medium heat. Stir occasionally to soften the onions. Add a very small amount of sugar. You can prepare the onions without sugar, but with sugar they will caramelize in much less time.
- The onions are ready when they release their juices and turn a brown color. This process takes an average of 20 minutes. However, if you want to caramelize a larger amount of onions without sugar, you will need to stir longer. If you feel that the onions burn easily during preparation, you can add a small amount of oil.
Storage Of Broth
You can keep the relaxation by making more broth, because patience is the important factor that we want to pay attention to at the same time as making slow cooker French onion soup. Yes, you heard it right: patience. Because getting caramelized onions is a matter of perseverance.
That’s why we need to cook the onions with perseverance for about half an hour to get caramelized onions, and store the bone broth you divided into jars in the freezer at -18 to -21 degrees. Remember to cover the bone broth you put in the jars. You can store the cooked bone broth in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 months.
What Are The Benefits Of Onion Soup
We have caramelized our onions with perseverance, after all, we have put a lot of effort, and if you look at the health benefits of this slow cooker French onion soup, you will say that we have put a lot of effort.
- Onion soup, which has antibiotic properties, allows the elimination of harmful substances in the organism.
- It increases the resistance of the body and strengthens the immune system.
- It protects against infections.
- It provides effective results for those who want to lose weight.
Alternative To The Baguette
The French term for “baguette” comes from “baton”, “stick”, which also determines the shape of the bread. Similar to its shape, a normal baguette has an average size of 65 cm, but it can be made and baked over 1 meter long.
Baguette, which unlike other breads has a stickier dough consistency and is specifically recommended to use dry yeast throughout the fermentation process, is one of the most famous recipes of the French culinary subculture. I used whole wheat bread instead of baguette. You can also use sliced whole wheat bread.
I have tried to explain the recipe and details of the onion soup, which is a good winter dish because of the cold climate and the increase of the Corona virus. You can formulate your questions or tips in the comments .Bon appetit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT FRENCH ONION SOUP
What is the difference between onion soup and French onion soup?
The classic slow cooker French onion soup is usually a mixture of different onions. French onion soup is traditionally prepared with yellow onions. Moreover, French onion soup is always prepared with beef, while any kind of broth is used for onion soup.
Why is French onion soup so good?
The onions are slowly cooked in the broth until they are sweet and caramelized. Finally, toast is added to give the dish a nice crispy moist texture and lots of cheese is sprinkled on top.