Roasted eggplant salad recipe It is one of the types of salads that take its place in the middle of the summer tables. When the eggplants and peppers are just in time, the flavor is completely different. When the barbecue is lit and the eggplants are cooked in the embers, the flavor is doubled. However, when you crave this salad, you don’t necessarily need to make it on the barbecue. You can get a similar flavor by cooking it in the oven or on the stove. Here is a light and satisfying roasted eggplant salad to dip bread in the sauce!
Depending on the season, you can also add tomatoes if you wish. You can also add the onions by roasting them instead of raw. You can also add walnuts, mint, parsley to add a different flavor. The ideas are from me and the making is from you. Eggplant salad recipe, which has a low calorie value, is also included in diet lists as it gives a feeling of satiety for a long time. Since it is rich in vitamins and minerals; it relieves heart palpitations and softens the intestines. If your ingredients are ready, you can start the eggplant salad recipe that you can consume during lunch breaks or evening meals.
How To Make Eggplant Salad Recipe
We start the eggplant salad recipe by roasting the eggplants and red peppers on the oven grill, barbecue or stove until they are soft. Peel and chop them coarsely. Clean the skins of the onions and chop them finely. Finely chop the parsley. Mix everything in a bowl. Add salt, lemon juice and olive oil. That’s all you need. That’s how easy it is to make the eggplant salad recipe.
Can You Eat Raw Eggplant In A Salad?
Yes, you can eat eggplant raw in salads. Although this may seem strange to you, salad dressings will absorb the bitterness of raw eggplant.Chop 2 fresh eggplants, cress and a clove of garlic. Put a tablespoon of lemon in it and enjoy it.
My grandmother used to slice the eggplant she plucked from the garden and eat it for breakfast with tulum curd. Since my childhood, I have eaten raw eggplant once or twice every summer. The eggplant will be fresh from the branch. There will be dried cottage cheese with olive oil on the side. For me, this is like going back to my childhood.
What Is The Healthiest Way To Eat Eggplant?
You can make a diet eggplant salad recipe from tomatoes and boiled eggplant. For this, boil 1 eggplant, cut it into cubes, add a little salt, chop the tomatoes, add a tablespoon of olive oil and enjoy. Tea or coffee can be drunk, provided that it is unsweetened.
What Does Grilled Eggplant Taste Like?
When the barbecue is lit, the eggplant is roasted, peeled and eaten with a little salt, olive oil and garlic. This is one of the indispensable rituals of barbecuing. At the appetizer tables, a babagannoush or an eggplant appetizer winks at us. Eggplant salads with lots of lemon are also a delight to eat. The taste of roasted eggplant is soft and bitter compared to eggplant. You can therefore use it in an eggplant salad recipe to enhance its flavor.
How Do I Stop My Eggplant From Discoloring?
The most important problem encountered during the making of the eggplant salad recipe is the blackening of the eggplant. When you cut or peel the eggplant, the cells on the cut surface divide and open. When these cells come into contact with oxygen, oxidation begins, the eggplant changes color and turns brown. Let’s examine together what we can do to prevent eggplant browning:
- Wash the eggplant with plenty of water immediately after peeling and take care to cook it without lingering. Since the eggplant does not wait, it will not darken, and your meals will have a good appearance and flavor.
- If you will not use the eggplant immediately after chopping it, you can prevent it from darkening by using lemon. Cut the lemon in half and rub the chopped eggplants well with lemon. Make sure you touch the lemon all over the cut eggplant. Because the points that do not come into contact with lemon will continue to darken.
- Keep the container with the eggplants you rub with lemon closed. Thus, you will prevent the cut surfaces of the eggplant from contacting the air and prevent blackening.
- Soaking in lemon and salt water is another method that prevents blackening of eggplant. You can keep the eggplants you have chopped or cut in a deep container of cold water with a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt.
- The lemon will prevent the eggplants from browning, while the salt will reduce the bitterness of the eggplant. To remove the lemon flavor, do not forget to wash the eggplants with plenty of water and dry them with towel paper just before cooking.
- There are also things you can do to prevent the roasted eggplant from darkening. If you are going to consume eggplants as an eggplant salad recipe or appetizer recipe, you can add lemon, and if you are going to make the dish, you can add milk.
- After peeling the roasted eggplants, keeping them in warm water with olive oil and lemon also prevents them from darkening.
Is Eggplant Salad Healthy
Eggplant, which is the main ingredient of the grilled eggplant salad recipe, has many benefits. In addition, the benefits increase even more when blended with ingredients such as onion, garlic, pomegranate syrup and vinegar that we use in the salad. I will research the benefits of eggplant for you and try to explain them in headings.
It is a source of fiber: Eggplant is essential for fiber, gastrointestinal health and regular bowel movements. It collects your stool so that your digestive system works more comfortably. Eggplant also promotes the secretion of gastric juices, which facilitate the absorption of fiber, nutrients and the processing of food.
Helps to lose weight : Since eggplant contains little fat or cholesterol, it is a very healthy food for people trying to lose weight or fighting obesity. The fact that eggplant is rich in fiber is also a major factor in weight loss. Thanks to its high fiber content and satiating effect, eggplant prevents overeating and therefore increases the chance of weight loss.
Prevents cancer : Along with the beneficial effects of fiber, eggplant salad recipe increase body resistance to various diseases. Eggplants are also great sources of antioxidants, which are one of the body’s best lines of defense against a wide variety of diseases and illnesses.
They improve bone health: Eggplant salad recipe has a number of very good benefits for bone health, for people at high risk of bone degradation and osteoporosis
Prevents anemia: Iron deficiency can lead to fatal diseases. Iron deficiency can cause the emergence of anemia (anemia) disease. Since eggplant contains high amounts of vitamin D, it prevents anemia. Eggplant contains minerals that increase red blood cells.
Diabetes Management: Due to their high fiber content and low amounts of soluble carbohydrates, eggplants are an ideal food for managing diabetes. The qualities of eggplants make them useful as regulators of glucose and insulin activity in the body.
How Many Calories
The eggplant salad recipe turkish contains 34 calories per 100 grams. 1 serving (230 g) of eggplant salad is 78 calories, 1 tablespoon (10 g) is 3 calories. 100 grams of eggplant salad contains 3.03 grams of carbohydrates, 1.16 grams of protein, 1.82 grams of fat, 2.29 grams of fiber. Eggplant salad recipe is rich in folic acid, potassium, fiber. It has high antioxidant content. In this way, it protects against cancer and increases body resistance. It is a meal on its own with yogurt on the side.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories34
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 35.91mg 2%
- Potassium 220.54mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.29g 10%
- Protein 1.16g 3%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Does Eggplant Make You Lose Weight?
Fibers move slowly through the digestive tract. This helps you feel full more and for longer. This, in turn, can help you reduce calorie intake. 1 medium eggplant contains an average of 20 calories and 3 grams of fiber. In the kitchen, it can be used in many recipes as a low-calorie and high-fiber ingredient. However, no food, including eggplant, has a miracle effect on weight loss. When combined with a balanced and healthy diet and a regular exercise routine, eggplant salad recipe can be a good addition to your diet.
Does Eggplant Burn Belly Fat?
In addition to the eggplant salad recipe, you can also use the eggplant juice to burn belly fat. Getting rid of excess belly fat requires some effort and changing some of your life habits. There is no substitute for exercise and a healthy diet. However, if you supplement them with eggplant juice, you will get more effective results!
Losing weight with eggplant juice is a good option. This is because eggplant juice has a high water content, fiber, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. This makes it an excellent source for burning fat. It’s also an ideal source of many nutrients essential for your body health.
If you are looking for more salad recipes, you can check my other salad recipes by clicking on the links below.
Let’s prepare our ingredients for this easy eggplant salad recipe and go to our kitchen where we are happiest and cook our delicious meal as soon as possible.
Roasted Eggplant Salad RecipeCourse: SaladsCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Easy
Roasted eggplant salad recipe that will go well with your tables.
3-4 medium-sized roasted eggplants
2 roasted tomatoes
4-5 roasted peppers
2-4 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Let’s roast the eggplants,tomatoes and peppers.
- If there are embers, doing it on the embers will increase the flavor, but if not, you can roast them on the stove or in the oven.
- Peel the roasted vegetables and cut them into small pieces.
- Let’s chop the onions as inflorescences.
- Crush the garlic.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and add salt,oil and pomegranate syrup.
- After a little blending, it is ready to serve.
Tips For Roasting Eggplants
The fresh eggplants are roasted one by one, packed in bags or jars and stored for the winter. Apart from that, I would like to talk about how to roast eggplant well for the roasted eggplant salad recipe.
- For many of us, the most delicious thing about roasted eggplant is its smoky aroma. If this aroma is very important to you, you can use a barbecue to roast eggplants. you should take advantage of the cooking method. Continuously over a barbecue ember fire the eggplants you cook by turning them will be both softer and smoky. your eggplant salad recipe will be more delicious with its aroma.
- If you don’t have a barbecue to roast the eggplants and you still want the aroma of incense if you want to get the best results, using the flame of the stove is the best way for you. will be one of the methods. Thread the eggplants on a long skewer or stem and carefully hold them over the fire to roast the eggplants. you can provide. In this way, the eggplant will come into direct contact with the fire and smoke. will gain flavor and give a delicious result.
- You do not need to oil the eggplants you want to roast; the eggplants will roast on their own. can easily cook themselves. However, eggplants can be cooked on a barbecue or stove If you are going to roast it in the oven without using it, it is easier to clean afterwards. You can line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper. In this way, the shells you can avoid stubborn dirt sticking to the tray.
- For the eggplant salad recipe If you want the eggplants you want to roast to cook perfectly, do not forget to scratch the eggplant in different places with a knife or fork beforehand. Thanks to these lines, the excess water in the eggplant will evaporate, it will roast better and a more intense roasted flavor will be formed.
- One of the biggest misconceptions when roasting eggplant is that the skins become crispy. until the eggplants are soft. However, the eggplants should be cooked cooking is enough. If you still want to consume an eggplant salad recipe with an intense roasted flavor You can make sure that the crusts are a little more cooked and crispy.
- You’ve roasted the eggplants, but one of the most challenging steps awaits you next. Peeling the roasted eggplants is usually not a favorite part, because The skins can be very difficult to separate from the eggplant and can be time-consuming.
- You can do this by To prevent this, wrap the roasted eggplants in cling film or a bag when they are slightly warm. and leave it for a while. In this way, you can soften the shells and easily you can peel it off.
Can You Keep Cooked Eggplant Overnight?
You can prepare your eggplant salad recipe overnight or the day before because the aroma and flavor are even better when prepared this way. What you need to do for this is to prepare the cold eggplant salad and put it in the refrigerator to cool.
Can I Freeze Roasted Eggplant?
If you want to preserve your eggplants by roasting them, and if you think that you will make a lot of roasted eggplant salad during the year, perform the roasting process as you always do. You can easily roast your eggplants using a stove or oven. After this process, keep your eggplants in a covered container or pot for a while and let them sweat and peel them easily.
Cool the roasted and peeled eggplants at room temperature and after making sure that they have cooled completely, divide them into refrigerator bags or ziplock bags. Then seal the bags airtight, put the date of the day on each bag and put them in the freezer.
If you have any other questions about the eggplant salad recipe, don’t hesitate to stop by, I’m always willing to help! Also, don’t forget to follow me on my Instagram page. In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great day!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you store eggplant in the refrigerator?
Wrap all the aubergines dry, without washing them, in a piece of paper towel, place them in a refrigerator bag, seal it and place it in the crisper section of the refrigerator.
How long will eggplant last in the refrigerator?
For your eggplant salad recipe, wrap the eggplant, unwashed, in plastic wrap to reduce its exposure to the air and store it in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator, which is slightly warmer than 4 degrees Celsius. Transitions that are too hot or too cold can damage the eggplant. Being squeezed by the drawer itself or by other vegetables can damage the skin of the eggplant and cause it to age faster than usual or cause bacterial growth. When stored properly, a whole eggplant can last for three to seven days.
Can you freeze eggplant slices?
If you plan to make dishes in the future that call for raw eggplant rather than an eggplant salad recipe, consider cutting the fruit and freezing the slices instead. Cut the eggplants into circular slices and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes until tender. Then give the slices some time to cool and then store in freezer bags.
Can we eat egg and eggplant together?
Chop the onion, pepper, tomato and eggplant into small cubes in a small pan. Let the aubergines be very small, about the size of a dice. Let’s add oil into it and let it cook on a small stove with the lid closed for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomato paste into it and when it smells, add the beaten egg.
Who should not eat eggplant?
One of the issues to be considered when making eggplant salad recipe is who should not eat eggplant? There is a little oxalate in eggplant. This can cause kidney stones in some people. If left untreated, kidney stones can lead to acute kidney damage or kidney death.
What are the side effects of eggplant?
Due to the presence of nicotine in it, excessive consumption can cause some side effects such as smoking. If the consumption time is not paid attention to, that is, if eggplant is consumed excessively, itching and rashes may appear on your skin.