I’ll share with you for a potato cake recipe that you can prepare as a treat for your guests or for breakfast at the weekend.How about trying the potato that we eat in every home, big or small, as a cake?This recipe is very ideal for those who say I am new to cooking, I can never make things like cakes, pastries, or I want to serve my guests something delicious homemade.
The amount of ingredients may seem small or the portion may seem small, but the cake has a satisfying feature due to the potatoes.
You can also browse the recipes below that might interest you:
If you are ready now, without further ado, let’s continue with the potato cake recipe.
Potato Cake Recipe How To Make Easily In 5 StepsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Easy
Simple potato cake recipe.
3 medium potatoes
1 large onion
1 cup of oil
As much flour as possible
1 cup yogurt
2 baking powder
1 bowl of cheese
Red flakes pepper
- FOR THE TOPS
- Wash the potatoes well.
- Dice the potatoes and onions, finely chop the dill and parsley.
- Beat 3 eggs well in a blender.
- Add yogurt and liquid oil and whisk with the mixer, then add the spices.
- Then add all the chopped ingredients and cheese to the mixture. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add the flour and baking powder;we obtain a dough that is neither too liquid nor too hard (like an earlobe).
- We can pour the mixture on a greased Pyrex tray and bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 1 hour, then serve.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 1 hour, if you increase the heat, the potatoes will remain raw.
Potato Cake Recipe Tips
- As with most baked goods, the fact that the ingredients are at room temperature affects the texture and flavor of the simple potato cake recipe.
- You can cut the potatoes into cubes to make it easier to prepare.
- Beating the eggs with a mixer at high speed is an important factor in making the cake rise.
- When you add the scrambled eggs to the other ingredients, add them slowly without making the batter too loose.
- Since the potato is the heaviest ingredient in the potato cake recipe, you should spread it evenly on the cake.
- If you let the potato cake rest for half an hour after it comes out of the oven, it will be even more delicious.
- You can grate the onion so that it does not fall into large pieces.
- To ensure that the cake bakes evenly, preheat the oven and use baking paper.
- Do not open the oven door during baking. You can use the toothpick method to make sure the inside doesn’t stay raw.
How Can I Store Potato Cake?
You baked the cake, but you couldn’t finish it completely. In such cases, it is as important as the food we prepared through hard work to store the food we prepared.If you keep the potato cake airtight with cling film, it will not lose any of its freshness on the first day.
About The Use Of Cheese In The Preparation Of The Recipe
You can’t use cheese in your potato cake recipe, but if you do, be sure to choose cottage cheese or a sour or fat-free white cheese. As the fatty white cheese melts, it will not be visible in the cake, and the oil will make the cake doughy. No one wants to experience such a situation. Cheese such as cheddar also melts initially and freezes when the cake cools, and usually takes on a firmer consistency when frozen because it loses its oil as it melts.
How Many Calories Are In A Potato Cake?
About 1 medium slice of potato cake has 147 kcal. You can make a healthy snack by reducing the amount of fat in potato cake and using whole wheat flour instead of flour. However, I recommend you not to eat potato cake too much and too often.
At What Temperature Should I Cook In The Oven?
One of the tricks of the potato cake recipe is the cooking time and the temperature setting of the oven. I cook slowly for 1 hour at 150-160 degrees. The reason for slow cooking is that you don’t want the potatoes to become raw. If you bake it at high heat, the cake will be burnt on top and raw inside. I am sure no one wants to experience such a situation.Please prepare your cake according to the following instructions
When you make the potato cake recipe I gave you for breakfast with your family or friends this weekend, please remember me, goodbye.
Frequently Asked Questions About Potato Cake
How do you keep potato cakes from falling apart?
You will need to add 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs more slowly until the mashed potatoes become balls. Another reason the potatoes fall apart is because you move or turn them too often. Do not move them and turn them only once
Do you put eggs in potato cakes?
Yes, beat the eggs at room temperature with a mixer, add the yogurt, oil, cheese, black pepper, chili flakes and salt and mix.
Why are my potato cakes soggy?
Do not cut the cake immediately after baking. Let it rest for a long time at room temperature. Even if you cut it without letting it rest immediately after removing it from the oven, the inside will remain raw and moist. Therefore be sure to let it rest.