Homemade baked beans are a very tasty and healthy main dish for dinner.Especially when I make homemade beans in a casserole, I definitely make it with meat.I can recognize the smell of this food from anywhere.When I was single, if my mom made baked beans, I would smell them as soon as I entered the apartment because they are one of my favorite foods.
Usually they are made in small artisan restaurants, but for some reason they don’t taste like what you make at home.I suspect it’s because they’re mom food.
Below are some simple recipes that may interest you:
After this brief information, we now come to the recipe for this beautiful dish of homemade dried beans.I ate three plates today, it’s shameful to say, so let’s roll up our sleeves and start making the recipe for plate after plate.
Homemade Baked Beans How To Make The Best In 4 StepsCourse: MainCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Easy
Homemade baked beans in a casserole.
1 bowl of white beans
1 medium onion
500 g minced meat or ribs
1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 tablespoon pepper paste
4 cups hot water
2 tablespoons olive oil
Red flakes peper
- Place the beans soaked overnight in a deep pot with the boiled water, bring to a boil, remove from heat and strain.
- Wash the drained beans with water and keep them in a bowl of clean water (this process is used so that the beans do not dry out).
- First we put our meat in the casserole and cook it. When the meat is cooked, we fry it with onions.
- After the onions are roasted, we add tomato paste or spices.
- Add 4 cups of hot water.
- Finally, we filter the beans we left in the water again, add them to the boiling water and cook them for at least 20-25 minutes.
- The reason we soak the beans in cold water is so that they do not dry out.
- If you don’t have a casserole, you can prepare it in a pressure cooker or regular pot.
Tips For The Preparation Of Homemade Baked Beans
As with any dish, there are some tricks in the cooking phase of homemade baked beans that, if followed, will result in a better quality dish.
- If you want to eat a flavorful homemade baked beans, you should choose aspir beans, which are short and somewhat plump. If you want to prepare them with meat, the quality of the meat will be noticeable. You can choose medium meat cubes or ribs like I used.
- The onion that is added during the roasting is also an important detail. If you choose an onion that is about to rot, your whole meal may smell rotten.
- If you soak the beans you are going to use the night before, it will affect the taste of the dish. In this regard, it is very helpful to add a spoonful of salt to the water when soaking the beans.
- If you want to cook in a pressure cooker or casserole like I do an average cooking time of 30 minutes is sufficient. If you are cooking the beans in a crock pot, you should cook them on low heat for about 1 hour.
- It is known that some dishes are roasted and mixed with flour to obtain a better consistency. You can get a better consistency if you add flour to the dry bean dish. If you want to prepare a flavorful dry bean, you can toast about 2 tablespoons of flour in a little oil and add it to the pot while cooking.
Against The Risk Of Spreading Dried Beans
Sometimes there is a risk that the beans will be scattered. The beans can fall apart due to overcooking or the quality of the beans. To prevent this, masters squeeze a few drops of lemon when preparing the dish. The lemon squeezed into the dried beans is a trick that prevents the beans from falling apart.A savior method for delicious homemade baked beans.
What Are The Side Effects Of Dry Beans?
Usually we talk about the healthy side of food, now I want to talk about the health side effects of homemade baked beans.
Excessive consumption of homemade dry beans causes pain in the abdomen. In addition, it is never recommended to consume those who are allergic to dry beans. In addition, it is necessary to consult a doctor before the consumption of dry beans in pregnant or nursing mothers.
What Goes Well With Dried Beans?
As vegetables you can use fresh onions and fresh garlic in winter and mint in summer, and if you serve it with tzatziki and pickles, you have prepared a perfect dinner.
I tried to share with you the recipe for homemade baked beans in detail.I ask you to send your questions and opinions by writing a comment.take care until the next recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BAKED BEANS
What types of beans are used to make baked beans?
If you want to cook homemade baked beans, it is not right to choose any kind of beans. If you want to eat a flavorful dry bean, you should prefer short, somewhat plump ispir beans.
What is baked bean sauce made of?
1. Add olive oil to the pan and add the minced meat. Fry for 3-5 minutes. Do not mash well during frying, it will remain slightly lumpy. Add half a cup of water that we separated from the beans, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, diced tomatoes and chilies and cook for about 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
4. Add the bean and tomato puree, season with salt and pepper, mix the beans without mashing them, cook for a few minutes and serve.
Are baked beans healthy?
Among the benefits of homemade baked beans, perhaps the most important is their contribution to bone formation. Because if our bones do not get as much protein and calcium as they need, they begin to weaken and cause bone loss diseases in the later stages. However, dried beans are rich in calcium and protein, strengthen your bones and prevent osteoporosis. It has a regenerative property for the body. Thus, it provides regeneration of body cells and repair of skin cells. It helps to relieve physical and mental fatigue by providing energy to the body. In addition to dried beans, the flour obtained from dried beans is also very nutritious. Dried bean flour, which is not known to everyone, retains its nutritional value even after processing.
Can vegetarians eat baked beans?
It prevents vascular congestion. Since it contains vitamins such as protein and iron, it helps especially vegetarians to get protein and minarets, which they can not get from red meat. Helps repair damage in the body due to its high content of antioxidants.
What kind of beans are vegetarian beans?
Chickpeas,turtle beans,soybeans,red lentil and navy beans.
Are homemade baked beans good for you?
It is rich in vitamins A, B2, B3, B6 and B9. Contains folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, zinc and magnesium. Contains a large amount of fiber and helps to lose weight. Regulates blood sugar.Protects against heart disease. Reduces the risk of heart attack. Strengthens the digestive system Lowers the level of cholesterol.