Today I will try to give you a very simple recipe for a Turkish green olive salad, because now is the season for olives and you can buy fresh olives at the market. For health reasons, I like to eat everything that is in season, and try to give you recipes according to the season.
What Kind Of Green Olive Should I Choose?
To make this salad delicious, you need to use especially crushed green olives, which thanks to their high content of vitamin E can maintain the cholesterol balance in the body.
What Are Green Olives Good For?
The green olive, contains a high amount of vitamin E and is therefore a powerful antioxidant. Thanks to this property, it removes all harmful toxins from the body through the urine. This benefit also cleanses the digestive tract. It reduces the formation of stones and sand, especially by eliminating the toxins accumulated in the bladder.
Is Green Olive Better Than Black Olive?
Green olives contain more water. The oil content of this olives is almost half that of black olives. This olives are lower in calories than black olives due to their low fat content. Contain more vitamin A, and olive oils obtained from green olives are of much higher quality.
Below I have compiled some recipes that I recommend that may be of interest to you:
When you are ready after a short briefing, we will go to the kitchen to prepare our healthy and light salad.
Green Olive Salad That Easily How To Make DeliciousCourse: SaladsCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Easy
Green olive salad that you can easily prepare
400 grams of crushed green olives
1/2 bunch of parsley
1 piece capia pepper
4 green onions
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 dessert spoon red flakes pepper
1 dessert spoon salt
- Cut the green olives in half and place on a large serving plate.
- Add finely chopped parsley, green onion, red capia peppers and coarsely ground walnuts and mix.
- Add oil, salt, lemon and paprika and mix.
How Can I Flavor Olive?
If you want to sweeten the crushed olives you bought at home instead of ready-made olives, you need to follow these steps.
- The olives are washed, broken and pitted. Soak them in water for half an hour. The olives with the filtered juice are put into jars. The lid is filled with clean, cold water and the opening is closed.
- The water is not changed for 3 days. On the 3rd day, the water is drained and the water is changed once a day.
- On the 10th day, 3 tablespoons of rock salt and one teaspoon of lemon salt are added to the water. The mouth is closed. The water is never changed again.
- After 15-20 days the olives are ready for consumption.
How To Recognize Good And Quality Olives
- When buying olives, you should make sure that the olive has a fresh appearance. If the outer part of the olive has a fresh appearance, it indicates that it is a high quality and full olive.
- A good olive has a bright color. Olives with light and bright colors are high quality and fresh olives.
- If you have a slightly bitter taste in your mouth when tasting the olive, this is a sign that the olive is not fully ripe and natural. Olives that do not leave a slightly bitter taste in your mouth when you taste them are olives with additives that have been chemically altered.
- The pit and the fleshy part of the olive are easily separated, it is a fresh and natural olive.
- Thin-skinned and quickly spreading olives leave a fresh aroma in the mouth. You should prefer olives that leave a feeling of freshness in your mouth when you taste them.
Can You Eat Olives Off The Tree?
When we were children, we all went to a tree and gathered something. Can we go back to our childhood and eat the olives we picked from the olive tree?Yes, you can eat olives from the tree. Olives directly from the tree are edible, but very bitter. The texture of olives picked from the tree is hard, unlike processed olives which are soft and mushy. In this case, you would involuntarily gag, cough and finally spit out, who wouldn’t want that!
How To Store Green Olives?
Before you prepare a green olive salad, if you have a lot of olives at home, I would like to give you a brief information about their storage. There are many methods for storing olives. This is also true for green olives, and storing them does not require much effort. These methods are very common among the public, and the best known is storage in a jar, which is also used when it is offered for sale.
To store green olives properly and without spoilage, the opening of a jar should be sealed airtight. This will prevent them from spoiling. Also, when storing green olives, you can add lemon in particular. This will keep them fresh.The best way to preserve green olives in a healthy way is to store them in a tightly sealed jar with lemon in their own juice. When preserving with lemon only, do not pour lemon over all the olives. The lemon should be poured into the part that will be consumed first. The water level should be half of the olive.
You will love this nutritious and visually appealing green olive salad that you can easily prepare with all the family members. Good luck to you all in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Green Olive Salad
Is olive salad good for you?
Green olives, which contain high levels of vitamin E, are thus a powerful antioxidant. Thanks to this property, it removes all harmful toxins from the body through the urine. This benefit also cleanses the digestive tract. It reduces the formation of stones and sand, especially by eliminating the toxins accumulated in the bladder.
What does green olives go well with?
Olives go well with fish dishes, but they are also a good choice as a garnish for recipes such as roasted cauliflower and deviled eggs.
How do you eat green olives?
Green olive salad, green olive pastry from the Gaziantep region, can be put on pizzas, very good with tuna and chicken salad
What is muffuletta spread made of?
Pitted Spanish green olives,pitted brine dried black olives (e.g. Kalamata),red onion,chopped fresh lemon juice,freshly grated horseradish,chopped garlic,Dijon mustard,chili sauce (e.g. Tabasco),sliced Italian bread, toasted
What’s the difference between muffaletta and Giardiniera?
The biggest difference is that Giardiniera is made of vegetables and Muffalata is made of olives.
What does a Mediterranean salad contain?
Normally it’s an everyday salad with three main ingredients: Tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley, seasoned only with kosher salt, but I like to add sumac to give it some spiciness and depth.
What do olives do to a woman?
The olive, indispensable for breakfast, attracts attention for its health benefits. It comes to the aid of those who have problems in their love life. This miracle food, which has an aphrodisiac effect, increases sexual power and desire. Experts recommend men to eat green olives and women to eat black olives.
What does a green olive tree symbolize?
Throughout history, the olive tree has become a symbol of peace, holiness, fertility, wisdom and purity. The meanings of these symbols are based on sacred books and legends.