You will love this state of leeks, dip your braised leeks in garlic yogurt and eat them crispy.You can be sure that your children will enjoy the braised leeks. Generally, leek, spinach type dishes are not liked.Since such meals are very beneficial for health, we try to feed them to our children with great difficulty.In such cases, I try to give such recipes in order to be useful for both your children and individuals who do not like vegetable types by giving different recipes.
Below are some simple recipes that may interest you:
Now heat your oil in the pan and roll up your sleeves for the recipe for braised leeks.
Braised Leeks How To Make Simply In 30 MinutesCourse: AppetizersCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Easy
Easy braised leeks recipe.
1/2 kg. of leeks (preferably fleshy white parts)
1 bowl with flour
1 teaspoon of salt
- FOR FRYING
Liquid oil (I prefer to olive oil)
- FOR THE ABOVE
4 cloves of garlic
1 bowl with yogurt
- Cut the leeks into finger-length pieces and throw them into boiling water and cook for no more than 4-5 minutes.
- As soon as you remove it from the heat, immediately pour off the water and keep it in cold water so that it does not lose its vitality, and wait a little until it cools down.
- When it has cooled, draw a longitudinal line with a knife and smooth the leek a little with it.
- We add our salt to the flour, dip the leek in the flour and fry it on both sides.
- You can fry it with garlic yogurt
- I made it for 2 people, but the recipe I gave is for 4 people.
Selection Of Leeks For Braised Leeks
Leek is a very close relative of garlic and onion. Although it is not an essential plant because of its smell and taste, it is a vegetable that experts recommend eating. With my recipe for braised leeks, you can eat the leeks you ate with pleasure. I will try to explain how to choose leeks to make a good leek pan.
- A healthy and natural leek can be recognized by the dark green leaves and the white lower part.
- If the white parts of the leek are yellowed, the leaves are cracked and wilted, the leek is not fresh.
How To Store Leeks?
You bought leeks, but you want to make braised leeks on another day or keep them in the freezer for a long time.Therefore, I want to talk to you about the methods of storage of leeks. I already mentioned how to store spinach or grape leaves, and you can read about how to store these vegetables for a long time by clicking on the corresponding links.
- You can store fresh leeks in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days without washing them.
- if you store it in a bag, the moisture will be preserved.
- Cooked leeks should be consumed within 1-2 days. This is because even if cooked leeks are stored in the refrigerator, they will not keep for more than 2 days.
- If you don’t want to consume your leeks immediately, but keep them for a long time and cook them later, you can keep your raw leeks in the freezer for up to 3 months after cooking them for 2-3 minutes. However, it will not taste the same as when you buy the leeks at the market and eat them fresh.
Leeks are one of the most useful vegetables of the winter season. With its minerals iron, calcium and potassium, it is an important nutrient. Due to its high fiber content, it acts on the intestines and helps to stay full without gaining weight. Due to its fiber content, it not only softens the intestines, but also relieves constipation and reduces the discomfort of hemorrhoids.
It supports blood formation in the body and is good for anemia. In pregnant mothers, it has the effect of increasing breast milk. It is one of the vegetables used to lower high blood pressure. When leek juice is applied to the skin for acne, it helps to cure unwanted acne and skin blemishes in a short time. It can be used as a soup, as a stew, in pastries and in salads.
For those who don’t like leeks, but can’t eat leeks otherwise, fried leeks are a great alternative. If you have recreated the recipe, or if you have any questions or opinions, please write a comment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BRAISED LEEKS
Can leeks be used like onions?
Although leeks are similar to green onions, they are not suitable for eating raw. However, in cooked form, it can be used instead of onions.
What part of a leek do you eat?
The white and light green parts are usually eaten, but the dark green parts can be cooked longer to soften them, and they can be used in soup stocks.
Do leeks make you lose weight?
Leeks, a low-calorie vegetable, are an important plant used in weight loss programs. Leeks, which help to solve the problem of constipation during dieting due to their high fiber content, also support weight loss.
What goes well with braised leeks?
Butter, cheese, carrots, mushrooms, chicken, fish, eggs, sausage, lentils, pork and rice.