Today I want to explain how to prepare kibbeh, which can be both boiled and fried. I have already presented the recipe for stuffed meatballs here. Therefore, I tell you that you can prepare ready-made and frozen stuffed meatballs directly, without sharing the recipe again.
Stuffed meatballs, also known as Oruk, is a dish made of bulgur that came to Turkish cuisine from Arabic cuisine (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Egypt) and is stuffed in dough. In Arabic cuisine, it is actually called “Kibbe” or “Kubbeh” because it means “round” in Arabic. Since it is difficult and labor intensive to prepare stuffed meatballs, it is classified as a specialty dish rather than a regular dish .Boiled kibbeh are always ideal for those who want a milder flavor instead of frying.
Is Kibbeh Healthy?
Stuffed meatballs; they are made from bulgur, tomato paste, meat and various spices. They are sometimes prepared in the oven, sometimes boiled or fried. However, it is not recommended to deep fry them. It is healthier to boil them. If you consume the stuffed meatballs cooked, you will have fewer calories. However, if you consume the stuffed meatballs fried, the amount of calories you get increases. When the stuffed meatball is fried, almost all of the oil is absorbed, which increases the calorie content. While 1 boiled kibbeh contains about 163 calories, 1 fried stuffed meatball contains 350 calories.
Kibbeh is a meal that combines all kinds of ingredients and meets some of our needs such as protein, vitamins and minerals. Its main benefit is the ground beef it contains. Bulgur, which is used to make kibbeh, contains all the B group vitamins except vitamin B12. However, this is not a disadvantage, because the vitamin B12 is already contained in the meat mixed with bulgur.
In other words, stuffed meatballs contain all B vitamins. It is also known that bulgur gives a feeling of satiety. Bulgur, which is rich in fiber, facilitates digestion and relaxes the intestines. On the other hand, vitamin B12 strengthens memory. If you want to build muscle and improve your memory, you should eat a lot of stuffed meatballs. This is because the meat used in stuffed meatballs also protects the health of bones. It makes the body resistant to diseases. The protein content of the meat in kibbeh is high and facilitates weight loss. Since Kibbeh is hearty, you will not feel the need to eat anything else for hours after eating it.
You can find out by checking out my other recipes that may be of interest to you.
Now let’s move on to the recipe for preparing stuffed meatballs.
How To Cook Boiled Kibbeh In 4 StepsCourse: MainCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Medium
Boiled kibbeh recipes.
8 pieces kibbeh
1/2 teaspoon lemon salt
1/2 dessert spoon salt
1 dessert spoon tomato paste
- We put our water in a deep pot and bring it to a boil. The water should be high enough to cover the stuffed meatballs.
- We add tomato paste, salt and lemon salt to our water.
- While the water is boiling, we throw our stuffed meatballs in and cook them for 10-15 minutes.
- We take out the cooked stuffed meatballs with the help of a sieve and serve them hot.
How Many Days Can The Kibbeh Be Stored In The Refrigerator?
You can prepare the meatballs the night before, cover them with cling film and freeze them in the refrigerator or on a tray until the next day, then collect them in a suitable container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Deep preservation of kibbeh requires a temperature of -18 to 20 degrees. You can freeze your kibbeh in two different ways. After frying, you can store the stuffed patties in the freezer without cooking them.
The Tip To The Recipe For Cooked Kibbeh
Dip your hands in water when forming the meatballs, roll the meatballs you fill with minced meat in the middle without the dough sticking to your hands. The meatballs you put in the boiling water will first sink to the bottom, and when they are cooked enough, they will rise to the surface of the water.
What Should I Do So That The Dough For The Kibbeh Does Not Fall Apart?
- One of the most important points in making stuffed meatballs is the dough for kibbeh. There are many variables, from the materials you choose for the dough to the amount you need to fill the dough. Therefore, let us summarize things and explain one by one what you need to pay attention to. When it comes to the ingredients for the stuffed meatball dough, make sure that you choose a fine and high-quality bulgur.
- Contrary to many recipes, we tell you, “Be sure to soak your bulgur”. This is because regardless of how you prepare it, all the ingredients will combine better with the soaked bulgur. This eliminates any risks such as cracks or non-combinations.
- The use of pureed meat enhances the flavor of the stuffed meatballs and makes them full-bodied. In many regions, it is used both outside and inside the stuffed meatballs. When all the ingredients are ready, it is time to knead. It is also beneficial to knead the stuffed meatballs for a while.
- Then, lightly moisten your hand and open the stuffed meatballs with the help of your finger, making sure that they do not become dry. At this stage, you can use various devices such as a lemon squeezer.
How To Boiled Frozen Kibbeh?
If the stuffed meatballs from the freezer are to be cooked, they must not be mixed when they are added to the pot. This will prevent them from falling apart. A drop or two of lemon in the cooking water of the kibbeh will ensure that the meatballs do not fall apart during cooking. You can also prepare the stuffed meatballs in a pan. However, you should make sure that they are deep-fried in plenty and hot oil.
I have tried to explain in detail the preparation of the stuffed meatballs that we have prepared. Making stuffed meatballs is a very difficult and tedious job. The stuffed meatballs that you have worked so hard for may burst while cooking, but if you use the recipes that we have given exactly, you will not have any problems with bursting.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT STUFFED MEATBALLS
What does kibbeh taste like?
The taste of stuffed meatballs depends on the type of minced meat from which it is prepared. Originally, stuffed meatballs is prepared with minced lamb, but minced beef is also popular. For vegetarians there is also kibbeh with lentils, cheese and vegetables.
Is kibbeh a raw meat?
The minced meat in kibbeh is stuffed before it is cooked. Stuffed meatball that is cooked and fried is not raw meat.
How many calories are in a baked kibbeh?
Stuffed meatballs is usually very high in calories because it absorbs almost all the oil when deep-fried. One boiled stuffed meatball contains about 163 calories, and one fried kibbeh contains 350 calories.
How do you cook frozen kibbeh?
If the stuffed meatballs are to be cooked from the freezer, do not mix them when they are added to the pot. Squeezing a drop or two of lemon into the boiling water of the stuffed meatballs will ensure that the meatballs do not fall apart during cooking.