I would like to introduce you to the carniyarik borek food recipe, which is an exquisite recipe with both its appearance and flavor that you can prepare at your weekend breakfast tables. In fact, it is known by this name because it resembles an eggplant dish, carniyaric. I am so sure that you will love this recipe, which is magnificent in both appearance, presentation and taste.
I prepared it with carniyaric pastry food sausage, tomatoes, green peppers and cheddar cheese, which is incredibly delicious especially hot hot. As with every ready-made phyllo pastry, when it cools down, it loses its crunch, but there is no change in its flavor. Prepare your ingredients in advance to prepare carniyarik börek food, which is appetizing with its appearance and will cheer up your tea hours and breakfasts with its taste.
What Is Borek Food
Borek food is considered to be the evil eye bead of Turkish cuisine, and it means thinly rolled dough filled and placed in the oven. This thin dough can be rolled, folded, rolled or shaped in other ways depending on the type of dumpling desired. Borek is made with yufka. Apart from Turkey, it is also widely consumed in Balkan countries and Middle Eastern countries. These are the foods that mothers eat when they send their sons to the army, marry off their daughters, feed their grandchildren and spend time with their neighbors.
Borek food, which is a flavor made with thinly rolled dough or phyllo, is one of our flavors that is given great importance in our culinary culture. Borek food, which is a special flavor that is opened when guests arrive, is a flavor that is given a special importance in this sense. The word börek comes from the Turkish word bürmek. The word “bür-“, which means “büzmek, burmak, bükmek” in Turkish, and the suffix -ak/-ek, which is also found in the derivation of words such as bıç-ak and Kür-ek, came together to form the word “bürek”.
Regarding the origin of the word börek, there are opinions that it comes from the Persian word būrak, apart from its Turkish origin. However, the Turkish origin of the word seems to be logical in terms of both meaning and grammar, and therefore the prevailing view is that börek is a Turkish word.
What Borek Means?
The word borek food in Turkish means, pastry cooked in various forms by placing cheese, minced meat, spinach, etc. between the rolled out dough or yufkan.
Where Did Borek Originate?
Since there are many types of pastry and it has an important place in Turkish culinary culture, records about pastry can be found in many historical documents. Firstly, there are records of pastry during the Great Seljuk period, that is, historically between 1058 and 1111. Considering this situation, it can be said that the borek food first originated from Central Asia. Already in later historical processes, the increase in borek food varieties goes to more advanced levels during the Ottoman period.
How Do You Make Karniyarik Borek
Karnıyarık is one of the main eggplant dishes of Turkish cuisine. It is made by slicing the eggplant in the middle with a knife. Karnıyarık borek food got this name because its shape and preparation resembles the karnıyarık dish. We can divide it into two parts as the main ingredients and the ingredients that need to be prepared for the sauce.
We start by chopping the sausages and other ingredients into thin long pieces. In a separate bowl, we add the sauce ingredients, whisk well and prepare our sauce. We open our phyllo on the counter, spread the sauce we prepared on it and cut it into 4 equal pieces. Then we cut each piece into 3 more triangular pieces. So we will have 12 pieces in total. Close the pieces we have prepared from the sides and roll them up and wrap them towards the pointed end.
Prepare the pastries in this way and arrange them on a greased baking sheet at intervals. Cut the top of the pastries with the tip of the knife like a carnival. We add the mixture we prepared to the cut parts. Finally, we add our sauce and bake in a preheated 200 degree oven for 25-30 minutes and serve hot.
Is Borek Eaten Hot or Cold?
Karniyarik borek food should be served hot and eaten crispy. In fact, this pastry can be eaten after it cools down and there is not much change in its flavor, but feeling that crunch and eating it hot because of the sausage inside will always maximize the flavor level.
How Long Does Borek Take To Cook?
You can bake the karniyarık borek food in a preheated 200 degree oven for 25-30 minutes and serve hot.
Are Boreks Healthy?
Pastries are among the high-calorie foods because they are made with a lot of fat and flour. Since pastries are a heavy source of calories from fats as well as carbohydrates, they should be consumed in moderation. However, there is also the fact that I don’t think there will be any problem as long as they are not eaten continuously. Because I make pastries 2 or 3 times a year for breakfast or other meals. Because making pastries is laborious and is usually done on special occasions (birthdays, etc.), it will not pose any problem as long as it is not excessive in terms of health.
As with many other nutritional items, the product and its ingredients are of great importance in borek food consumption. Healthy and nutritious ingredients are also essential in making borek, and all the ingredients used must be fresh. Ingredients such as eggs and cheese, which are often used in boreky, provide the nutritional values that our body needs daily, while providing us with a reasonable amount of calories and a long-lasting feeling of satiety. In addition, vitamin-rich ingredients increase vitality and play a preventive role for some diseases. A lightly made borek helps us to eat a healthy diet while keeping our stomach full.
When analyzed in this sense, it is obvious that the borek food consumed fresh and in moderation contributes to our daily life and health. The most important factor to be preferred is that it is prepared in a healthy and clean environment, regardless of whether it is herb borek food, cheese pastry or minced meat pastry. Warm boreks made daily with fresh ingredients will ensure that you have a pleasant meal at your table.
Is Burek Good For Weight Loss?
Borek food are high-calorie, delicious foods made with lots of flour and fat. It is strongly recommended not to be consumed while dieting. The reason for the weight of many people is desserts, cakes, cookies, pastries, that is, bakery products. Börek is a bakery product that causes weight problems. Those who have weight problems should not consume pastry too often in their daily lives. Those who do not have a weight problem are also recommended to consume enough to not have a weight problem. We should always eat a little of everything and in moderation.
How Many Calories Are In Karniyarik Borek?
100 grams of karniyarik borek food with sausage contains a total of 277 calories. You can see the nutritional values in detail below.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories277.74
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 35.94mg 12%
- Sodium 553.75mg 24%
- Potassium 115.81mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.03g 5%
- Protein 10.32g 21%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
What Do You Eat Burek With?
Karniyarak borek food alone is a very filling meal. I usually prefer tea with it, but in hot weather I don’t say no to ice-cold ayran. The first thing to go with the pastry before the meal is the drink. If there is a pastry conversation going on, there is a lot of talk about what to serve with it, tea or coffee. However, tea beats coffee by far here. Börek goes well with tea. Apart from tea, drinks such as lemonade and orange juice can also be consumed with borek food.
Borek food is also served with snacks such as kısır, sarma, potato salad, poğaça, french fries and meatballs. Sometimes, if the pastry is salty, it can be served with apple pie, mosaic cake or cake. Borek food can also be easily consumed with meals. What goes with the borek? As an answer to the question, we say that the best food goes. In this sense, it can be easily eaten with mixed fries, chicken soup, seasonal salad, rice, chicken sauté, green lentil salad, lentil dish, boiled broccoli, cauliflower dish.
If you are looking for more pastry recipes, you can reach my other pastry recipes by clicking on the links below.
We’ve had enough of the information in this section, now it’s time to prepare the karniyarik borek food recipe and enjoy this delicious dish. If you’re ready, let’s go to the kitchen and start taking our notes.
The Best Breakfast Borek FoodCourse: BreakfastCuisine: TurkishDifficulty: Medium
An exquisite karnıyarık borek food recipe with both appearance and flavor that you can prepare at your weekend breakfast tables
3 pieces of phyllo dough
3 medium tomatoes
2 green peppers
- FOR SAUCE
1 tea glass of milk
1 tea glass of olive oil
1 packet of baking powder
- Chop the sausages and other ingredients finely.
- Let’s open our phyllo on the counter.
- In a separate bowl, add the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Pour our sauce on the phyllo we opened with the help of a spoon and spread it with a brush. We do the same process for 3 phyllo.
- Cut the phyllo into 4 equal parts. Then we cut each piece we cut into 3 more pieces in the form of triangles (There will be a total of 12 pieces)
- Cover the phyllo from the sides in the shape of a cigarette roll and roll it up and wrap it towards the pointed end.
- Prepare the pastries in this way and place them on the greased baking sheet at intervals.
- Cut the top of the pastries like a carnival with the tip of a knife. Place the sausage and stuffing you have prepared on the cut parts.
- Finally pour the sauce over them, bake in a preheated 200 degree oven for 20-30 minutes and serve hot.
- 12 pieces of borek come out of the recipe I have given.
Tips For Borek Food
- The most important step is, of course, choosing the phyllo dough. Especially in places that sell daily, fresh phyllo dough, take care to buy soft phyllo dough produced on that day.
- Now comes the second important trick. The sauces for the borek food. Whether you are making handmade pies or using ready-made phyllo dough, pies are not without sauce. Although there are different sauces for boreks, the logic is the same in most of them.
- A binding ingredient such as eggs must be used. To make the pastry softer and more flavorful, yogurt or milk or both can be used in the sauces.
- Using milk in the sauce will make the pastry crispy without drying out. You can also use yogurt if you don’t have milk.
- It is necessary to use vinegar to make it crunchy and soda to make it fluffy. Oil or melted butter also goes into the sauce and prevents the pastries from drying out. Delicious pastry sauces are prepared from different combinations of these ingredients.
- After shaping our fritters, it’s time for the last stage. Before the cooking stage, pour a little more sauce over the fritters and wait for it to absorb.
- During these stages, you can also make your borek food more delicious by resting them in the freezer or refrigerator. Especially the pies prepared in this way the night before, sauced and rested in the fridge will taste much more delicious.
- After cooking and removing the borek food from the oven, you can optionally drizzle butter over them. You can rest them by covering them with a clean kitchen cover or cloth and prevent them from drying out.
How Do You Store Burek?
Do not store the borek food while it is hot. The borek must cool down after it comes out of the oven. You can store the cooled pastry on a tray or you can slice it and place it on a plate. You can wrap the pastry on a plate with foil paper. If you are going to keep the pastry for a long time, you can cover it and store it in a place without moisture. You can wrap the pastry that will not be served for a certain period of time in a package that complies with the food codex and keep it in the fridge.
How Long Does Burek Last In The Fridge?
Wrap the borek in aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag. Tie the bag and place it in the refrigerator. You can store the pastry in the refrigerator for a week. You can also store the borek in the freezer for up to a year without cooking.
Can You Reheat Burek?
You can store the cooked pastries in the freezer in a storage container or in a freezer bag for more than 2 months. You can take the pastry out of the freezer at any time, heat it in the oven or microwave and enjoy it hot and hot as if it were freshly cooked.
Can You Freeze Borek?
Borek food, which is a very delicious pastry, is made by putting various ingredients into the rolled out phyllo or dough. If the pastry is not consumed shortly after it is made, it is a food that spoils quickly. For this reason, fresh pastry is either consumed in a short time or it should be stored in suitable storage conditions and kept intact.
- Freshly baked boreks are allowed to cool at room temperature before being put in the freezer. The cooled pastry is wrapped in a storage container or refrigerator bag and placed in the freezer.
- Borek food can also be stored in the refrigerator without being cooked. Thus, they will keep longer. Before storing the uncooked pastry in the freezer, it should be kept in the refrigerator for 1 night in a large tray so that the slices do not touch each other. Put in the freezer in separate refrigerator bags.
- Store the borek food in the freezer for at least 2 months. This period varies according to the filling the pastry is made of. For example, cheese borek can be kept in the freezer for up to 7 months, whereas for the karnıyarık borek food in this recipe or any Turkish borek with meat, this period is a little shorter.
- Uncooked pastry can be kept for a maximum of 1 year, although it varies according to the filling.
How Do You Cook Frozen Borek?
After you take the uncooked borek food out of the freezer, you can cook them by placing them in a preheated oven or pan without waiting long for them to defrost and serve them in this way.
If you have any other questions about the borek food recipe don’t hesitate to stop by, I’m always willing to help! Also, don’t forget to follow me on my Instagram page. In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great day!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you keep filo pastry crispy?
Milk and butter are the most important ingredients to make any food taste better, but they are even more important when it comes to pastry. Because when used at the right time and in the right amount, they make the pastry crispy and crunchy. If you are rolling out the pastry dough yourself, you should use milk and oil when kneading and rolling out the dough.
How many calories are in spinach borek?
A thin slice of spinach pie: 194 calories. A medium slice of spinach pie: 295 calories. 100 gram slice of spinach pie: 155 calories.
Whats the difference between Pita and burek?
Also known as Yugoslav pastry or Bosnian pastry, this delicious flavor is sometimes referred to as pita bosnak boregi and sometimes pita pastry. Bosnian pastry, one of the leading brand values of Bosnia and Herzegovina cuisine, is preferred due to its low cost and satiety.
Can Burek be with cheese?
If possible, only hard feta cheese should be used in cheese water pastry. Of course, you can also use cheddar, gruyere or melting feta cheese with plenty of fat. When they melt in your pastry, they create a delicious appearance when hot. However, when the pastry cools down, these melting cheeses freeze and lose their flavor.
What is Boreklik cheese?
The fatty cheese will run off as the borek food cooks and you will be left with a plain pastry, not a cheese borek. If you want to see cheese in the pastry, choose dry cheese. This can be dry feta cheese, sour cream or curd cheese.